Technology of Peace
TOP aims to create a global network of people and projects supporting each other to solve authentic
problems such as hunger, poverty, water pollution and personal safety.
TOP is creating a revolution in the approach of solving these issues through training local Non
Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in identifying their own problems, creatively finding a local
solution using local resources, rather than waiting for foreign aid.
This approach is creating a dramatic shift from the beggar mindset to self support mindset.
TOP Kenya was started 4 years ago by Philippe Scheimann, and Eyal Bloch in cooperation with 6
NGOs and companies that have gone through Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) training.
In 2017 and in 2018, TOP led a “Connectedness and Leadership" course for social entrepreneurs
affiliated to TOP Kenya, combining ESD, technology and permaculture.
In addition, TOP is also focusing on training how to document and share the processes and the
solutions, so that they can be learned adjusted & implemented to other parts of Africa and the world.
Here is a very short sample of the activities of TOP Kenya Founding Organizations:
RODI (Resource Oriented Development Initiative): works with schools and prisons. Prisoners grow their own food, and become permaculture specialists
YARD: works with young girls at risk / prostitutes and teaches them to work in cosmetic salons/hairdressers.
SHOPHAR: a former headmaster, whose school and water purification system was visited by the President of Kenya and presented ESD at the UN in 2016.
ELIMU TV: broadcasts educational content to children who can't afford to go to school
SCOPE: a network of 18 NGOs introducing permaculture in schools
KWEN: a network of 6000 women entrepreneurs using table banking and micro financing.
TOP has also made partnership agreements with other companies providing needed solutions:
- GOIP Group, an IT company located in Kenya providing call centers for teachers. GOIP collaborates with TOP Kenya for setting up a call center, eplatform and an incubator developing PermaTech (Permaculture + HiTech) solutions for African farmers.
- Prof. Sylviane Toporkoff, partner at items.fr, President of the Global Forum think tank conference is partner to TOP global.
- Strauss Energy is a Kenyan company developing special solar panels and a way to produce water from humid air.
- Thoughtgraph is a British company developing Debategraph.org, a web platform for visualizing and sharing information networks of thoughts.
What has TOP done so far? TOP members are working on the following:
- Collaboration with GoIP group for set up of a call center and incubator developing PermaTech
(Permaculture + HiTech) solutions for African farmers. It can improve the yields and the
income of many farmers, while reducing the use of pesticides and herbicides and increasing
the consumption of healthier food.
- Built his own CNC machine (Arduino and Raspberry PI) and already received some orders.
This can help to use local resources, increase productivity and create jobs.
-Built a plastic upcycling machine producing several products like oil, diesel from plastic, a
machine that can help schools reduce their energy bills while reducing garbage.
- Several others are setting up Steve’s Garage Kenya to train youth how to create their own
simple, inexpensive and practical computers and robots to solve numerous technical issues.
- Creating a receiver for the educational TV to $1K instead of $10K, in order to help
thousands of pupils who dropped from schools due to poverty to study through the
- Building green-walls to help locals use vertical walls to produce healthy food which can also
contribute to increase the income of people, school and communities in a very simple way,
using plastic bottles and containers.
What makes TOP special from the other organizations ?
1. We do not provide financial support to the local organizations
2. We provide training locals to lead their own way to solve their own problems through Education for
Sustainable Development and technical education
3. Encouraging the participants to create their own companies with a social impact
4. Local organizations participate in financing the courses.
5. Mixing of the spirit of Israel, the start-up nation, bringing the best trainers and professional
The TOP platform provides:
TOP technology distribution
TOP Global invites organizations to be part of the alliance and contribute to its development.
For more information please contact