What TOP is, principles & values, partnerships and more
Tapping Our Potential, We Transform Our Problems Using Technology Of Peace
What is TOP ?
TOP is designed and developed as a growing Upcycle platform with a lively network of people, NGOs and businesses helping each other in sustainable development.
Sustainable development means Self development, Social development, Spiritual development and Simple.
TOP aims to share the proper conditions and tools to create a community for people, businesses and organizations, where they participate in an ecosystem of share knowledge, tools, resources, energy and inspiration, and cooperate to build and grow well beyond their individual capacities.
TOP principles and values:
TOP solutions improve the well-being of humans and mother nature
TOP inspires digital natives with open technology so that they can tackle existential community challenges such as food security and unemployment, making the shift from Permaculture to PermaTech
TOP leverages the wisdom of proven solutions and experiences
TOP is a platform for sharing replicable, sustainable solutions to real life challenges
TOP connects and encourages people and organizations to meet their own challenges in a sustainable way
TOP provides ESD (Education for Sustainable Development) and Open Technology with an exponential social impact
TOP develops ecosystems (first one: from #farm to #cup of coffee) along the whole chain from the producer to the consumer, locally and internationally. Those ecosystems connecting NGOs and businesses are based on those TOP values while connecting human wisdom with technology and artificial intelligence.
Eyal Bloch and Philippe Scheimann (see bio on IWA.org) initiated TOP Global in 2014 and TOP Kenya started two years after in cooperation with 6 NGOs and companies (Elimu TV, KWEN, RODI, SCOPE, Shofar, Yard) that have gone through Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) training. In 2017 and in 2018, TOP led a “Connectedness and Leadership" course for social entrepreneurs affiliated to TOP Kenya combining ESD, open source technology and permaculture. In addition, TOP is also focusing on training how to document and share the processes and the solutions, so that they can be learned adjusted & implemented to other parts of Africa and the world. TOP Global is affiliated with IWA@Resolv Washington based NGO as well as with ENSA NGO based in France. TOP Kenya Ltd is a company with social responsibility owned by the 6 organizations (Elimu TV, KWEN, RODI, SCOPE, Shofar, Yard)
Here is a very short sample of the activities of TOP Kenya Founding Organizations:
RODI (Resource Oriented Development Initiative): works with schools and prisons. Prisoners grow their own food, and become permaculture specialists
YARD: works with young girls at risk / prostitutes and teaches them to work in cosmetic salons/hairdressers.
SHOPHAR: a former headmaster, whose school and water purification system was visited by the President of Kenya and presented ESD at the UN in 2016.
ELIMU TV: broadcasts educational content to children who can't afford to go to school
SCOPE: a network of 18 NGOs introducing permaculture in schools
KWEN: a network of 4000 women entrepreneurs using table banking and micro financing.
TOP has also made partnership agreements with other companies providing needed solutions:
- GOIP Group, an IT company located in Kenya providing call centers for teachers. GOIP collaborates with TOP Kenya for setting up a call center, eplatform and an incubator developing PermaTech (Permaculture + HiTech) solutions for African farmers.
- Prof. Sylviane Toporkoff, partner at items.fr, President of the Global Forum think tank conference is partner to TOP global.
- Dr Walid El Kabed, CEO and co-founder of Global Data Excellence Ltd, TOP is the sole distributor of DEMS in Kenya.
- Strauss Energy is a Kenyan company developing special solar panels and a way to produce water from humid air.
- Thoughtgraph is a British company developing Debategraph.org, a web platform for visualizing and sharing information networks of thoughts.
What has TOP done so far? TOP members are working on the following:
- Collaboration with GoIP group for set up of a call center and incubator developing PermaTech
(Permaculture + HiTech) solutions for African farmers. It can improve the yields and the
income of many farmers, while reducing the use of pesticides and herbicides and increasing
the consumption of healthier food.
- Built his own CNC machine (Arduino and Raspberry PI) and already received some orders.
This can help to use local resources, increase productivity and create jobs.
-Built a plastic upcycling machine producing several products like oil, diesel from plastic, a
machine that can help schools reduce their energy bills while reducing garbage.
- Several others are setting up Steve’s Garage Kenya to train youth how to create their own
simple, inexpensive and practical computers and robots to solve numerous technical issues.
- Creating a receiver for the educational TV to $1K instead of $10K, in order to help
thousands of pupils who dropped from schools due to poverty to study through the
- Building green-walls to help locals use vertical walls to produce healthy food which can also
contribute to increase the income of people, school and communities in a very simple way,
using plastic bottles and containers.
- Creation of an ecosystem around coffee industry (see presentation given at Global Forum 2018)
What makes TOP special from the other organizations ?
1. We do not provide financial support to the local organizations
2. We provide training locals to lead their own way to solve their own problems through Education for
Sustainable Development and technical education
3. Encouraging the participants to create their own companies with a social impact
4. Local organizations participate in financing the courses.
5. Mixing of the spirit of Israel, the start-up nation, bringing the best trainers and professional
The TOP platform provides:
TOP technology distribution
TOP Global invites organizations to be part of the alliance and contribute to its development.
For more information please contact
Web of People